Decluttering your home in Round Rock, TX is probably a decision you’ve been trying to put off. With the pile of stuff you have lying around, it might feel intimidating at first, but clutter isn’t something you should ignore.
The Dangers Of Clutter
Mess causes unnecessary stress.
The clutter you leave in your TX home may be what’s causing you too much stress. It’s the excessive visual stimuli that tell your brain the work is never done. This makes you feel guilty and overwhelmed.
It’s not only your mind you should worry about because clutter also affects your physical health. The dust, mold, and animal dander that accumulate on your things can be especially bad for you, your family members, and your guests if any of you have allergies or asthma. Keeping too many things in your home can be a fire hazard as well.
Types Of Clutter
To get rid of the mess in your home, you have to know what you are dealing with. Here are the most common types of clutter:
• Trash pretending to be clutter includes the things you have left, piled, or stuffed in drawers, closets, counters, other surfaces, and everywhere else around your home that have yet to be thrown out. These can be magazines, newspapers, junk mail, and expired food.
• Bought clutter consists of the items you’ve purchased impulsively. They most often end up not being used. Some examples are books, clothes, and fashion accessories.
• Bargain clutter refers to the things you bought because they were on sale, but you ended up not using them.
• Sentimental clutter includes the things you keep because of their emotional value. These may be gifts, toys, artworks, or personal possessions of loved ones who are no longer there.
• Just-in-case clutter refers to the items you think “might come in handy one day.” These are old mail, bills and bank statements, stationery, and tools.
Clutter can wreak havoc on your life, but you don’t have to let it.
Decluttering Your Home
Did you know that decluttering your home can give you the peace of mind you’re looking for?
There are two major strategies you can do to cut the clutter out of your life:
Sort Your Belongings
This includes sifting through your belongings one by one and dividing them into piles. This will depend on you and your needs, but here’s a guide to start you off:
• Items you use daily
• Items you use from time to time, i.e. every week
• Items you use once a year such as ski equipment, seasonal clothing, garden furniture, holiday decorations, fishing equipment, and others
• Items you need or want to keep but don’t use often, including mementos and souvenirs given by the people you love
The first and second piles can be kept in your home, but the third and fourth ones should be stored in a safe place other than your house.
Store Your Belongings
Having a storage unit for your treasured items keeps the clutter out of your home. And you don’t even have to worry about their safety! Storage space providers will make sure to give your items the best care possible. They do this by implementing 24/7 security measures.
Declutter to de-stress. Storage spaces are available throughout the Round Rock, TX area. If you need a place to keep your belongings, contact Forest Creek Mini Storage today.